3/12/09

08. Apparently the currency here is the baguette?

One of my teachers, Dr. Reginald Bushroot, announced that he is planning to show the movie "Édouard Ciseaux-Mains" in class tomorrow, I am pretty sure it is going to be totally awesome, I can hardly wait. I think I will bring cookies. After the announcement he had us view some pictures of the Hanging Gardens in Alexandria and he mentioned some stuff about irrigation... It was all in French, so I did not really understand it. Not that I am bashing her ability to speak French, I just like the irony.

It recently snowed about a foot and a half, so I asked to get a ride to school from one my classmates, Victor Wooten. While I was waiting for him to arrive at my house to pick me up, I noticed a book that had a little red cover with a broken spine laying on the table, I cracked it open to view the first line, as I like to do. It began with the phrase "It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out!". Not exactly the best beginning to a book, but I might check it out some other time. Victor arrived and we took off to the school. On the way there, he talked about how he likes to play the bass guitar in his spare time, and how he has been working on a riff, based on the song "Amazing Grace". I told him I would be interested in hearing it when he was finished writing it.

A couple of weeks ago after I got back from school, I was walking to my house, and my next door neighbor (Eli Peabody) stopped me to tell me something. His French is just horrible, but he insists on speaking it around me to get me "Acquainted with the locals". Anyway, he said "Obtenir l'empereur sa... Boisson." Yeah, goood times. Oh... Riiiiight.
Darkwing Duck, Edward Scissorhandsm, Alexander Garden, Hands Held High - Linkin Park, Snoopy, Bassist Victor Wooten for Bela Fleck, Back to the Future, Emperor's New Groove.

1 comment: